Text Miner plug-in for Ontology Manager
Product Sheet OM
Product Sheet ORT
Semaphore's Text Miner Analyzes your Content to Identify Terms and Aid Automatic Tagging
The Semaphore Text Miner plug-in to Ontology Manager helps the ontology builder with the task of analyzing content to identifying candidate words and phrases.
- A user will select a set of documents, typically this set of documents is known to be about a specific topic.
A user runs a 'Remote Text Mine' – a search term is entered and run against a Google Search Appliance index and the dynamic summaries returned become the text mine source.
- Text Miner analyzes the content set:
- runs a 'noun phrase extraction' algorithm to pull out phrases from the content
- applies statistical counts of phrase frequencies
- generates logical term groupings
- checks if the phrases or words already exist in the model as Preferred or Non-preferred terms
- The user changes phrase lengths, filters on counts and reviews the terms in context in 'snippets' from the original source.
- These potential terms can be dragged into Ontology Manager to create Preferred or Non-Preferred candidate terms in the model.