Semaphore for Microsoft SharePoint
Tight Integration of Semaphore with SharePoint to Extend SharePoint Capabilities
Semaphore for SharePoint is a comprehensive integrated solution for adding information management
functionality that creates findability. Semaphore’s automatic
classification and taxonomy governance capabilities extend SharePoint -- to
help users find, discover and reuse content. Semaphore for SharePoint is available for SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, and MOSS 2007.
Benefits of Semaphore's SharePoint solution
- Automatic, assisted or manual classification modes (often referred to as tagging)
- Classification in multiple Western European and Middle Eastern languages
- Classification against many taxonomies or facets in a single pass
- Classify content in any list (e.g. document libraries, blogs, publishing sites, wikis, social media, e-mail and discussion threads)
- Support for ontologies providing compelling and intuitive content navigation and visualization
- Bulk classification support from the interface or the command line (STSADM or PowerShell)
- Semaphore Search Web Parts such as:
--Taxonomy Browser – Provides the ability to browse the hierarchical structure of your model.
--Concept Mapping – Maps real world vocabulary to terms from your model
--Related Topics – Link to other relevant terms for the search being performed.
--Best Bets – Link directly to appropriate content for a search.
--Faceted Search Filters (“topic maps”) – Hierarchically filter search results on terms from your model.
--Model Visualisation – Graphically view/browse your model structure in an intuitive way (2010/2013 only).
- Central Admin menu to deploy and configure Semaphore over required web applications, site collections, term store, content types and libraries
- Supports deployment via Templates and Feature Stapling
- Developed, tested and in production in large, complex, organization-wide SharePoint deployments (tens of thousands of users, libraries with hundreds of thousands documents)
- Uses native SharePoint coding and capabilities, such as Term Store integration
- Enables effective migration, data loss prevention, records retention and eDiscovery.