Optimize content for Media & Publishing
Making your content available to users through automatic meta-tagging, contextual searching and online searching
Media and publishing organizations create and manage huge content repositories. Free-text searches help users access it, but to manage and promote the content it needs to be grouped into manageable topic areas.
Semaphore adds the topic tags and maintains a map of links between topics. This capability makes feeds more relevant to the user, makes adverts more relevant to the content and helps the editorial team identify content gaps.
Topic pages and contextual searching helps SEO and click-through for media organizations
Smartlogic’s media clients use Semaphore to:
- Quickly establish automated topic pages which drive more visitors to their sites from Google, Bing and others.
- Increase the average time users spend on their sites and the number of articles viewed per visit through the use of topic pages and automated article linking.
- Respond instantly to hot news topics in turn generating more traffic.
- Display the most relevant advertisements, improve click-through rates and increase advertising revenues.
- Improve the relevance and usability of site search results.
- Find new uses and revenue streams for their current and archive content.
- Prepare for new business models (such as micro-payments) and distribution channels (such as Kindle).
- Improve the productivity of journalists when writing new articles by giving them instant access to the most relevant content from the archive.
- Improve the quality and value of information about reader interests by making them topic not article-based.
Semaphore delivers these benefits with automatic metadata tagging of new and archive content, supporting SEO techniques and by using ontologies to improve how users navigate, explore and find the most relevant content.
Automatic classification for segmentation and syndication for publishing organizations
Content publishers wish to maximize the use of their new and archive content base by broadening access to more users and delivering more focused information to existing subscribers. They want to add value to the content so the users can easily access, absorb and discover.
Smartlogic's Semaphore Open Semantic Platform adds a layer to the content so that it can find the right audience in the most timely fashion. If the story was a letter, we add the envelope - wrapping the story with the labels needed to send it on. The posting system can be push e-Mail or pull RSS feeds.
Each story can go to consumers with a precise subject topic – and with key entities, such as political parties, addresses, dates, organizations and places – noted for the consumer.
With the volume of stories being developed daily and the growing size of back catalogs, being able to classify or indeed re-classify content quickly, automatically and consistently is essential.
For clients, Smartlogic have created an on-line searchable tool that will:
- Help users find content based on topics, geography, companies and industry sectors. For example, users will be able to find stories on forest fires (topic) in the Southern United States (geography) that were subdued using a helicopter made by Bell (company).
- Help the publisher's sales team highlight the great variety of their high-quality product to prospects in sales situations.
- Help the product marketing team to discover new markets by pointing them to topic areas that are rich in content.